Semester 2 – Week 7 Friday

Collected the ingredients and made a batch of foam, for this batch I tested adding pigment for coloured foams. For this concept I added black. I also tested different methods of containing the foam, as the pieces are separated i needed something to stop the foam from covering the parts completely. For this i tested using bluetack and flour.

20190913_201900.jpg20190913_201646.jpg20190913_201640.jpg

The flour worked well but left a lumpy texture on the underside, this could be better if i took more time to smooth the flour out.

The bluetack worked to begin with but as it heats up from handling it becomes more difficult to get out.

The black foam was successful although it made cleaning up quite difficult and I end up cracking one of bowls from trying to rub off blag pigment. It is an option to consider if the off white doesn’t look so nice with the 3D print filament colour.

Published by rikolthuis

I am an art design student currently at massey university interested in all spects of art, my main areas consist of product design, painting and drawing and like to use these as a way of conveying thought and creativity in design. My family is originally from Holland but have recently moved to New Zealand. I hope to one day be involved in the designing of sport gear overseas, a job that will combine my passion for both art and sport.

Leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create your website with WordPress.com
Get started
%d bloggers like this: