Semester 2 – Week 8 Monday

Now that I had another concept sole to work with I cut and stitched on a new upper. For this model i used one of the thinner 3D print details on the fabric. I used a white canvas to see how the colours looked compared to the red and blacks.

20190923_113516.jpg20190923_113644.jpg

To get the pattern I roughly followed an existing upper and then wrapped it around a model foot, marked any area that needed extra fabric and cut it out. I sewed all the edges over and used nylon to stitch the upper to the edges of the sole.

Result:

20190924_102523 (1)20190924_102616 (1)20190924_10261520190924_10294320190924_10295220190924_103008

Published by rikolthuis

I am an art design student currently at massey university interested in all spects of art, my main areas consist of product design, painting and drawing and like to use these as a way of conveying thought and creativity in design. My family is originally from Holland but have recently moved to New Zealand. I hope to one day be involved in the designing of sport gear overseas, a job that will combine my passion for both art and sport.

Leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create your website with WordPress.com
Get started
%d bloggers like this: