Semeseter 2 – Week 9 Friday

Shoe Upper For the upper I decided to use existing fabrics, this way I could use a material people know and trust. I narrowed down to 4 material; Linen, Hemp, wool and organic cotton. I chose Wool and decided on Merino wool as it is easily accessible in NZ, it is odour resistant, breathable and …

Semester 2 – Week 9 Monday

Model outcomes The foam shows well through the open cells on the sole, I could remove more around the edges for a more speckled gradient. Pouring the foam last does make the join look cleaner from the inside but the fabric does cover some of the voronoi cells from the outside, stopping the foam from …

Semester 2 – Week 8 Friday

I revisited the first 3D printed sole I modelled and applied some of the skills I learnt from grasshopper to make a shell with closed areas that would make contact with the ground. When printing I set it to build support but this proved problematic as it made a thin layer of TPU across the …

Semester 2 – Week 7 Friday

Collected the ingredients and made a batch of foam, for this batch I tested adding pigment for coloured foams. For this concept I added black. I also tested different methods of containing the foam, as the pieces are separated i needed something to stop the foam from covering the parts completely. For this i tested …

Create your website with WordPress.com
Get started